Visa® Debit Card
Always have easy account access at ATMs. Use for purchases anywhere in the world Visa is accepted.
- No fees assessed for purchases with any U.S. merchant
- No cost to issue initial or expiring card
- Funds come directly out of your checking account
Visa Credit Card
Our VISA Platinum Preferred and VISA Classic credit cards are simple, reliable, safe and easy to use with no complicated fees or rules. Cards are underwritten by our local partner, Bankers' Bank of Kansas in Wichita, KS.
- No annual fee
- Low variable rate
- Earn rewards if eligible for VISA Platinum Preferred Card
- Online access & automatic payment option
- Cash advance at thousands of ATMs
- Auto rental insurance & travel accident insurance coverage
If you have ever made a mistake in your checking account, or made a charge for more money than the available balance, you are aware of the expenses and problems associated with inadvertent overdrafts. We may be able to help you avoid these situations by covering your overdraft charges. We have three different types of overdraft options. If you qualify, all three options (or a combination of the three) may be applied to your account(s).
1) Automatic Overdraft Transfer
- Sets up an automatic transfer from one account to another when your account balance drops below a predetermined level
- Rather than incur an overdraft fee, we automatically transfer funds from your linked account to your checking account
- Only a small transfer fee of $5 is charged per occurrence
- All transfers occur in increments of $100 and funds must be available for the transfer to occur
2) Protection Connection
- A line of credit that allows you to overdraw your personal checking account up to an established credit line amount (subject to approval)
- Gives you easy access to your line of credit and helps to avoid the possible added cost and inconvenience of returned items
- All transfers occur in $100 increments and a finance charge begins on the amount advanced
- Low monthly payments are due on the amount borrowed until the line of credit is paid down
3) Overdraft Privilege Service
- Overdraft Privilege is our standard overdraft practice. If your account has been open 30 days and generally maintained in good standing, you may automatically receive an $800 overdraft limit. You will receive a letter in the mail if and when it has been added to your account. There is no charge for the service unless your account becomes overdrawn.
- Should you have a transaction that overdraws your account, rather than risk it being declined, or incurring our non-sufficient funds fee (and a potential fee from the merchant), you will only be charged our normal overdraft fee of $30. The fee may be imposed for covering overdrafts created by check, in-person withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, or other electronic means. The fee may be applied to each overdraft item, but we will not charge you more than five (5) fees per business day.
- Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts.
- The amount of any overdrafts, including our fees, are due and payable immediately or on demand.
- By default, this service only applies to checks and/or automatic debits. You may extend the service to allow authorizations to your ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions by clicking the "Opt-in" button above and submitting the form.
Smart Choice Transfer
We make it easy for you to move your accounts to Douglas County Bank.
- Our employees will assist you in transferring accounts held at other banks, as well as set up direct deposits and automatic debits
- Print the Smart Choice Transfer forms and bring to any of our convenient branch locations, or,
- Mail your Smart Choice Transfer forms to: Attn Financial Services, PO Box 429, Lawrence, KS 66044
- Be prepared with a list of your current direct deposits, automatic debits and account numbers to transfer-and let us do the rest
Get control over your finances. Available for free with our online banking service:
- Manage your cash flow
- See where you are spending your money so you can stay on budget
- Ensure bills are paid on time
- Separate business income and expenses from personal transactions
24-Hour Account Line
Access your account information via phone anytime, anywhere. Call 785-865-7676 or toll free at 888-865-7676 to check on:
- Account balances
- Transferring between accounts
- Recent account activity
- Current CD and savings rates
Safe Deposit Boxes
Keep your valuables and important documents safe and secure.
- Available in sizes from 2" x 5" up to 10" x 15" (not all sizes available at all locations) - All are 22" in depth
- Call 785-865-1000 or toll-free 888-865-7676 (select 0) to locate the perfect safe deposit box for your needs
This service is available for all customers. Find a Notary Public at all our branch locations.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa, Inc.
FinanceWorks is a trademark of Intuit, Inc.