Trust and Investment Services
When you need answers from experts you can trust, talk with the caring and respected professionals at Douglas County Bank.
"Gratitude and confidence." That's what our clients tell us they feel about our dependability and objective stewardship of their individual and family resources.
Trust: Douglas County Bank's Trust Department offers estate settlement, trust administration, and investment services by talented individuals who have many years of experience. For their assets, clients choose us for our even-handed administration, prudent management, and availability - our trust team is right here in Lawrence.
Investments: Because banking at Douglas County Bank is a cornerstone of their finances, more and more clients choose us as an independent investment manager for their portfolios of cash, stocks, bonds and mutual funds held in various accounts including IRAs. Our bank isn't obligated to use only one mutual fund family or place investments with brokers who pay commissions. Instead, we use investment sources with the most competitive fees and the best service and coverage to meet client goals.Not a deposit - Not FDIC Insured - May Lose Value - Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency - Not Guaranteed by the Bank
Answers to Common Questions
A living trust is created and becomes effective during a person's life time. The trust takes legal title to property/assets and is administered by a trustee for the benefit of the person creating the trust, their spouse, or any other designated beneficiary. Trusts are generally considered to provide the following benefits:
- Control of asset disposition at death
- Management of assets and affairs at disability
- Usually avoids the need for a conservatorship at disability
- Works very well in conjunction with Durable Powers of Attorney
- Allows for asset management and continuity of estate plans
- Can provide for care and special needs to designated persons
- Avoids probate over assets held in trust
- Can save on death taxes for estates over certain amounts